How do you keep a rabbit for a pet in the Midwest?

Growing up in California I always had a rabbit for a pet. Now my daughter wants one but we live in Michigan. How do you keep a rabbit in the winter? Any suggestions would make one little girl very happy!

Growing up in California I always had a rabbit for a pet. Now my daughter wants one but we live in Michigan. How do you keep a rabbit in the winter? Any suggestions would make one little girl very happy!...
    Other Pet Discussions : How do you keep a rabbit for a pet in the Midwest?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do you keep a rabbit for a pet in the Midwest?

How do you keep a rabbit for a pet in the Midwest? Other Pet Discussions
      Growing up in California I always had a rabbit for a pet. Now my daughter wants one but we live in Michigan. How do you keep a rabbit in the winter? Any suggestions would make one little girl very happy!

How do you keep a rabbit for a pet in the Midwest? Other Pet Discussions
    • indoors in a cage if it gets too cold. but they can stay out most the time . Make sure you check different pet experts though. we had one here in Wisconsin almost all year outside but that was a while ago and I really dont remember when we brought it in.

• You can keep them indoors. Either as a house rabbit, or in a cage. If you really don't want them inside (not really sure why, as if you clean their cage often enough they don't smell.) you could move it outside in the summer. I'm sure a farm supply store has some kind of safe-heater for an outdoor hutch, but I'd really hesitate to even attempt that.

• If you keep your rabbit inside in the winter its fine. Outside is fine too. Rabbits grow very warm coats in the winter and can stand the cold. Make sure the rabbit is in a shady spot off of the ground out of direct sunlight. You also have to make sure that you don't abandon your rabbit because you don't want to go outside because its soooo cold. If you want to know a reccomended breeder look below...