How much,how often and what kind of food should i feed my 1 year old beagle?

We just got a beagle he is a year old. Its our first dog and we just want to make sure a is taken care of right. Any other beagle tips such as how to walk him would be greatly appreciated.

We just got a beagle he is a year old. Its our first dog and we just want to make sure a is taken care of right. Any other beagle tips such as how to walk him would be greatly appreciated....
    Dog Breed Discussions : How much,how often and what kind of food should i feed my 1 year old beagle?...

• How much,how often and what kind of food should i feed my 1 year old beagle?

How much,how often and what kind of food should i feed my 1 year old beagle? Dog Breed Discussions
      We just got a beagle he is a year old. Its our first dog and we just want to make sure a is taken care of right. Any other beagle tips such as how to walk him would be greatly appreciated.

How much,how often and what kind of food should i feed my 1 year old beagle? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Top five dog food brands (in my opinion)Dick VanPatten's Natural BalanceWellnessInnovaCanidaeChicken Soup for the Dog Lover's SoulFollow the feeding instructions on the bag and be careful with Beagles. They have a tendency to gain weight quickly and it can catch you by surprise. Lots of regular exercise on a daily basis and don't free feed, whatever you do.

• Do not shop for dog food at your local grocery store. Most of what you will find is terrible for your dog. Brands like Science Diet, Purina, Eukanuba, Iams, Beneful, and The Good Life are all full of corn and animal byproducts. A dog's diet should consist of very little grains and good quality meat sources.Great dog food brands include Innova, California Naturals, Blue Buffalo, Wellness, Taste of the Wild, Orijen, Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul, and Before Grain. You can find these brands at pet food stores and animal feed stores. When switching dog food brands, gradually switch from old to new, mixing them together a bit at a time. 75% old with 25% new for a few days, then 50/50 for a few, 25% old and 75% new for a few days, then 100% new.You should feed your dog twice daily, and measure out his food. Feed what's recommended on the chart on the back of your food bag, based on his weight (a healthy weight range for his size) and his age. Do not "free feed"- have a bowl of food on the floor all day- as you will have no clue how much your dog is actually eating, and that can result in an overweight dog.I have a beagle mix, and my parents have a golden/beagle mix. They love to take long walks. Beagles really need a good daily walk, and some play time at home. They can get destructive and very vocal if they are not exercised enough.

• Well you have to feed all pets every day. Maybe half a bowl in the morning and in the afternoon. Make sure the dog always has food in it's bowl.