At what age is a beagle considered a senior?

I have a beagle and he's getting really white around his nose, i want to know if he is a senior yet because I promised him he would get a dog to enjoy his senior years with.also does anyone know the senior age for a german shepard? we have a german…

I have a beagle and he's getting really white around his nose, i want to know if he is a senior yet because I promised him he would get a dog to enjoy his senior years with.also does anyone know the senior age for a german shepard? we have a german…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : At what age is a beagle considered a senior?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• At what age is a beagle considered a senior?

At what age is a beagle considered a senior? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have a beagle and he's getting really white around his nose, i want to know if he is a senior yet because I promised him he would get a dog to enjoy his senior years with.also does anyone know the senior age for a german shepard? we have a german shepard and shes five, and i know german shepard have a shorter lifespan than beagles, so she must be getting up there.

At what age is a beagle considered a senior? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Beagles live around 12 to 16 years, so he would be a "senior" around eight or nine. So much depends on his general health, though.I think a companion is a good idea for any dog, no matter the age. Go ahead and get it now!

• For showing purposes, a dog is considered to be a veteran if he's not less than seven years. If you are getting a second dog, and your dog is getting up there in years, it might be worth considering rescuing an older dog because some veterans don't enjoy puppies. On the other hand, sometimes having a puppy around can perk up an old dog no end, with sensitive handling.