How should I go about selling my 3 year old beagle?

I'm moving cities soon and I'm unable to afford to bring my 3 year old full blood beagle with me. He's a non-hunting dog and has a sweet spirit and plenty of energy. He's potty trained and doesn't bark if you pay attention to him enough. So should I sell…

I'm moving cities soon and I'm unable to afford to bring my 3 year old full blood beagle with me. He's a non-hunting dog and has a sweet spirit and plenty of energy. He's potty trained and doesn't bark if you pay attention to him enough. So should I sell…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How should I go about selling my 3 year old beagle?...

• How should I go about selling my 3 year old beagle?

How should I go about selling my 3 year old beagle? Dog Breed Discussions
      I'm moving cities soon and I'm unable to afford to bring my 3 year old full blood beagle with me. He's a non-hunting dog and has a sweet spirit and plenty of energy. He's potty trained and doesn't bark if you pay attention to him enough. So should I sell him to a breeder or sell him locally? How much should I ask for?I've had him since he was 5 weeks old and purchased him from a kennel. OF COURSE I'm not trying to make money nor am I solely focused on selling him. And of course he's going to go to a good home above all. I'll make sure of that.

How should I go about selling my 3 year old beagle? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Personally I would try to find a reputable rescue, or beagle breed specific rescue. No, you will not get any money for your beagle, but they will ensure that your dog gets the most ideal home possible for him. If you do plan on selling, I doubt you would get much, try the price it cost for neutering.Which I am hoping your dog is neutered. There are enough beagles living without homes as it is right now.

• You should *not* sell him too a "breeder." Have you ever heard of puppy mills?What I would do is contact a breed rescue in your state. They will be more than willing to help you, but you aren't going to get any money out of if. But that would be the best solution for your dog, as the rescue group will screen homes, etc.

• your number one concern should be a good solid home for your dog, and not how much you can get. Check with a beagle rescue in your area for a good home, and forget about your wallet.

• Do NOT sell him to a breeder. He has no papers, no titles, no health certs and shouldn't be bred. He should be neutered before you sell him, or at the least, sell him to someone that will neuter him.You could bring him to a local shelter or SPCA and they'll neuter him, give him shots, and get him a home.Place an ad on www.kijiji.com or www.craigslist.com and only as $50 for him - to a good home as a pet.

• well, you shouldn't "sell" the dog. you should first try to place him with someone that knows him and loves him (and is well capable of caring for a dog) if that's not possible, you should call a good beagle rescue and try to place him with them. they will be able to foster him with experienced beagle people until a permanent home is found. rather than asking money for him, you should consider donating some food and money to the rescue. after all, they will be paying to feed and house him...

• I think you need to reevaluate your priorities here. Is it making money or finding your dog a good home?If it's finding your dog a home, then start researching breed specific rescues or sending out an email to your contact list asking if anyone is interested in adopting your dog. Worst case scenario, you'll have to bring him to a shelter, but please make sure it's a non-kill venue.If it's making money, then you're a tool.