How are beagle mix with children?

I found a beagle that I fell in love with at a shelter yesterday. I have never owned a beagle before. I just wanted some opinions on them, in general, what should I expect, ok with my kids (9 years old), thanks. Any info would be great.Wow "grow up…

I found a beagle that I fell in love with at a shelter yesterday. I have never owned a beagle before. I just wanted some opinions on them, in general, what should I expect, ok with my kids (9 years old), thanks. Any info would be great.Wow "grow up…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How are beagle mix with children?...

• How are beagle mix with children?

How are beagle mix with children? Dog Breed Discussions
      I found a beagle that I fell in love with at a shelter yesterday. I have never owned a beagle before. I just wanted some opinions on them, in general, what should I expect, ok with my kids (9 years old), thanks. Any info would be great.Wow "grow up and learn", why are you so hostile? I never said that I wouldnt have him trained. Geez, take a pill and relax.

How are beagle mix with children? Dog Breed Discussions
    • He should be alright (as a breed--being a beagle) but the temeperment of the dog is still unknown, right? I would say bring your kids in and see how the dog interacts with them. This still will not give you a definite answer for animals act differently in a shelter situation. Hope this helps and THANK YOU for looking to adopt--you're saving a life.

• My parents had a Beagle mix I'm not sure what he was mixed with. But the dog bit my son 3 times and every time they had company the dog was nipping someone. I'm not saying every beagle mix is like that. But that was our experience! My son had to have stitches 2 out of the 3 times. I was living with my parents at the time.

• I think his basic temperment would depend a great deal on what he was mixed with and his past experience with children.In general, beagles are good with kids---but you'll have to assess this dog as if you didn't know the breed and ask the shelter if they have evaluated him with kids.I hope it works our for you!

• Beagles are great. Find out its history first & what he is mixed with at the shelter. Like any dog, they need training, attention, exercise & everyone in the house hold need to participate even the children because dogs need to know who the alpa is. Overall, I think you should be fine.