Why is my beagle so afraid of my new lab?

We just bought a new lab and my 2 year old beagle keep running away.He does not sem jealous because he keeps playing with us...so what's wrong???I have 4 year old male beagle.Today we just bought a new 2 month old female labrador.My beagle keeps avoiding…

We just bought a new lab and my 2 year old beagle keep running away.He does not sem jealous because he keeps playing with us...so what's wrong???I have 4 year old male beagle.Today we just bought a new 2 month old female labrador.My beagle keeps avoiding…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Why is my beagle so afraid of my new lab?...

• Why is my beagle so afraid of my new lab?

Why is my beagle so afraid of my new lab? Dog Breed Discussions
      We just bought a new lab and my 2 year old beagle keep running away.He does not sem jealous because he keeps playing with us...so what's wrong???I have 4 year old male beagle.Today we just bought a new 2 month old female labrador.My beagle keeps avoiding her,he behaves as if he is scared of her. What do I do?

Why is my beagle so afraid of my new lab? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Your lil babies are just trying to get use to each other, just like when a child goes off to elementary school, he is aware yet afraid at first, but as time goes on, the child feels more comfortable and interacts with his peers more. You can try letting the dogs see each other, for example put your lab in one room and your beagle in other with a divider between them, like a mini fence...that way they will be able to stiff and see without physical interaction.. hopefully in a few days things will get better.