What dog resembles a beagle that is hypoallergenic?

I'm looking for a pet to keep me company but I'm a bit allergic to dogs. I don't want a cat. But a dog the size of a cat - like a beagle!

I'm looking for a pet to keep me company but I'm a bit allergic to dogs. I don't want a cat. But a dog the size of a cat - like a beagle!...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What dog resembles a beagle that is hypoallergenic?...

• What dog resembles a beagle that is hypoallergenic?

What dog resembles a beagle that is hypoallergenic? Dog Breed Discussions
      I'm looking for a pet to keep me company but I'm a bit allergic to dogs. I don't want a cat. But a dog the size of a cat - like a beagle!

What dog resembles a beagle that is hypoallergenic? Dog Breed Discussions
    • There is no such thing as a 100% hypoallergenic dog, humans are allergic to the dander and saliva of dogs and cats, so there are a few breeds that do not produce a lot of dander and/or have fine/tightly curled fur that rarely sheds, but honestly I don't think there is anything that remotely resembles a beagle that would be ok for an allergy sufferer....try these?Bichon FriseHavaneseBedlington TerrierCairn TerrierSchnauzerLhasa Apso

• here's a secretPeople are often allergic to dog dander, not dog hair or the dog themselves.This material is most often transmitted on shed dog hair...and when the dog barksHypoallergenic dogs like the poodle have curly hair that traps the dander in, and because they don't shed much, fewer hairs are around.HOWEVER any dog can become basically as hypoallergenic by bathing the dog frequently, like every two weeks...and by controlling the dog's barking.So if you really want a beagle, then get a beagle and just bath it regularly. If you start this as a puppy it will be easy when the dog is older.Otherwise: Miniature poodlestandard schnauzerminiature schnauzerkerry blue terrier, welsh terrier, cairn terrier, border terrier ( all these terriers are high energy dogs, can be hard headed, and will dig all the time) Coton de Tulear, maltese, bishon, YorkieLhasa ApsoBologneseHavaneseShitz tzutoy poodle(these are all small yap yap dogs, and many require a lot of grooming)OR you can get something a bit more unusual likePortugese Water DogSpanish Water SpanielIrish Water SpanielAmerican Water spaniel <-- pretty much identical to beagle sizeAll these water spaniels are relatives to the poodle, which was originally a water-spaniel itself.

• a beagle is abit bigger than a cat.no dog is technically "hypoallergenic".. even a poodle can trigger allergies. Poodles are less likely to trigger allergies, but if someone is allergic enough, any dog can cause a reaction.The breeds that are less likely to trigger allergies are those with a single coat that continually grows, such as poodles, maltese, etcshort coats (such as beagles) trigger allergies. Hounds (such as beagles) produce a lot of body oils and are notorious for triggering allergies.