Why is my beagle always jumping on other dogs?

My beagle just turned four months, and whenever he plays with other dogs, he tends to jump on them and try to be the dominant one. How do we train him to not do that? Any tips?

My beagle just turned four months, and whenever he plays with other dogs, he tends to jump on them and try to be the dominant one. How do we train him to not do that? Any tips?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Why is my beagle always jumping on other dogs?...

• Why is my beagle always jumping on other dogs?

Why is my beagle always jumping on other dogs? Dog Breed Discussions
      My beagle just turned four months, and whenever he plays with other dogs, he tends to jump on them and try to be the dominant one. How do we train him to not do that? Any tips?

Why is my beagle always jumping on other dogs? Dog Breed Discussions
    • First, i have a beagle who used to do that at about seven months...i would just lightly smack him on his butt if it gets really bad..if he does it only minimally than it's okay...it is natural for dogs to try and be the dominant ones. If it get serious then spray him with water (my beagle hates water). you could also try putting him on a leash and isolating him, like a time-out, for a couple minutes everytime he does that...god luck*iFlip*

• When your dog does that he is trying to become dominant. When two dogs meet, they must first determine who is dominant. This is done by either by pinning the other on the ground, or climbing over top of the other dog. This is completely natural , and if this is stopped, the two dogs will not become comfortable until they do .Do not interfere, just be ready if there is any danger of them being hurt.