wat would happen if my beagle encountered a poisonous spider in my backyard?

wat would happen?would my beagle eat it. or would the poisonous spider bite it. or would they be friends. lol jk but seriously.thanxxxxxxxx im still afraid my dog might get bit tho. ive seen a black widow like 2 inches off the ground, next to my garbage…

wat would happen?would my beagle eat it. or would the poisonous spider bite it. or would they be friends. lol jk but seriously.thanxxxxxxxx im still afraid my dog might get bit tho. ive seen a black widow like 2 inches off the ground, next to my garbage…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : wat would happen if my beagle encountered a poisonous spider in my backyard?...

• wat would happen if my beagle encountered a poisonous spider in my backyard?

wat would happen if my beagle encountered a poisonous spider in my backyard? Dog Breed Discussions
      wat would happen?would my beagle eat it. or would the poisonous spider bite it. or would they be friends. lol jk but seriously.thanxxxxxxxx im still afraid my dog might get bit tho. ive seen a black widow like 2 inches off the ground, next to my garbage bin. scary.

wat would happen if my beagle encountered a poisonous spider in my backyard? Dog Breed Discussions
    • It really depends on what type of spider.If you were dealing with Brown Widows or Black Widows, the chances are your dog won't even come into contact with them. Widows like high locations. Black widows like to hide. They are definitely not social, so, unless your beagle can climb high into dark still areas that the black widow will hide, there won't be a problem with them. Brown Widows, on the other hand are very social. You can see them all over the place here in Florida. But again, they like high locations too. And, even though they are more poisonous than their cousin, they are much less aggressive. So, if your dog came across one, he would probably eat it without an issue.The Brown Recluse may cause a problem for you. The Brown Recluse, is just that, reclusive. They live in low areas that are dark, still, and pretty much left alone. Beagles like to dig on those types of areas. If your dog came into contact with a Brown Recluse, then he would most likely get bit. Did any of this answer your question?ADDITION: There are many types of spiders that look very similar to the Black and Brown Widows as well as the Brown Recluses. They have developed that way to protect themselves from their natural enemies. Many times, unless you hold them down and check them out under a microscope, you can't tell the difference. I really wouldn't worry all that much.

• Well you would not know til it came up. Basically what you should do is to teach your beagle to avoid spiders if you have poisonous spiders in your area. Really I don't find dogs bother with spiders much, crickets are a great toy, and june bugs... OMG way too much fun to squash, but spiders, I don't see the dogs bothering with. If the spider bit your dog, it would be because the dog was in a place the spider was hiding and he surprised the spider, or he got caught up in the web and the spider didn't like it.