How to find a reputable Collie breeder?

My family and I are looking for a rough collie breeder. I've been looking at websites, but my parents seem to find a flaw in every breeder we look at lol. How do you tell if a breeder is good or bad? I know to make sure they health test/show/etc, but…

My family and I are looking for a rough collie breeder. I've been looking at websites, but my parents seem to find a flaw in every breeder we look at lol. How do you tell if a breeder is good or bad? I know to make sure they health test/show/etc, but…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How to find a reputable Collie breeder?...

• How to find a reputable Collie breeder?

How to find a reputable Collie breeder? Dog Breed Discussions
      My family and I are looking for a rough collie breeder. I've been looking at websites, but my parents seem to find a flaw in every breeder we look at lol. How do you tell if a breeder is good or bad? I know to make sure they health test/show/etc, but what are some other things?Or, does anyone know any good breeders in California? Thanks.We already have one adult dog that we got from the shelter. We want to purchase a puppy from a breeder this time.

How to find a reputable Collie breeder? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Go to some shows of your breeds club. Talk to a lot of people. You can find our experiences of different breeders in your area as well as their reputation. Go talk to them....look at their litters. Most reputable breeders will require you to get on a waiting list as well as investigate your background with animals before they will even sell one to you. Good luck.