How long does it take for a collie to grow their hair?

my collie is 1 years old,And her hair is still short.

my collie is 1 years old,And her hair is still short....
    Dog Breed Discussions : How long does it take for a collie to grow their hair?...

• How long does it take for a collie to grow their hair?

How long does it take for a collie to grow their hair? Dog Breed Discussions
      my collie is 1 years old,And her hair is still short.

How long does it take for a collie to grow their hair? Dog Breed Discussions
    • If she doesn't have her long hair now, she probably won't get it.When I was a kid, we got a purebred Collie from a doctor friend of ours. Both parents were on site and had full, beautiful beards. Princess, the runt of the litter who picked me as she crawled up onto my lap in the grass (ah, this is making me sad), never got a full beard like her parents did. Still, she was beautiful, and it's all in the personality - not the hair.

• Ummm.. I dont want to sound mean but did you buy the collie? If you did, did you buy a Rough coat or a Smooth Coat? There are 2 types of Collies. One is Longhaired like Lassie and the other is a Smooth Coat and wont get long haired. You most likely have a Smooth Coat.Please take a look at the link there are pictures showing you the 2 different types you need to scroll down.http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/collie.htmEDIT: What TYPE of collie do you own? a Collie, Bearded Collie, Border Collie or Welsh Collie?

• It depends. I have 2 big collies, their hair grow pretty fast, I have to have them a hair cut every month. What you might do, buy some products that make the hair grow faster. Also, you might need to go to a vet have it checked, it might carry some skin problems.

• My first collie was a rough and had super short, like between lab and GSD length coat untill he was over a year old, then his adult coat came in. Its not uncommon. (He was my first rough coated collie and I was all a panic that he was not developing properly. Despite knowing full well how long it takes to develope a full coat) It takes until they are two to develope their full coat. Check out my boys pick (at 12 years old), he ended up with the fullest coat of any collie I have met, and thats him just regularily brushed, not show fluffed, you couldnt even see his head through the hair that way!http://www.flickr.com/photos/25759768@N07/2451972171/Keep in mind as a female she likely will not get as much coat as a male