What happens when you give a coolie to Collie Rescue?

I'm trying to find out, because I may need to give my collie away. :(Would he stay at my house until they finad him a good home, or would he be living in a cage at a kennel? Would he be placed in temporary foster care instead?I emailed the rescue group,…

I'm trying to find out, because I may need to give my collie away. :(Would he stay at my house until they finad him a good home, or would he be living in a cage at a kennel? Would he be placed in temporary foster care instead?I emailed the rescue group,…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What happens when you give a coolie to Collie Rescue?...

• What happens when you give a coolie to Collie Rescue?

What happens when you give a coolie to Collie Rescue? Dog Breed Discussions
      I'm trying to find out, because I may need to give my collie away. :(Would he stay at my house until they finad him a good home, or would he be living in a cage at a kennel? Would he be placed in temporary foster care instead?I emailed the rescue group, asking these questions, because I'm scared of what's going to happen to my boy. But for some reason they won't answer the questions. Can anyone here please answer them?

What happens when you give a coolie to Collie Rescue? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Rescue organizations and animal shelters are overwhelmed with too many animals, not enough space and certainly too few foster homes.If you did get your dog into a rescue it would be placed in a qualified foster home.I just need to ask why you may need to give up your precious dog?

• They wont respond because once you give up your dog you lose the rights to him this means they aren't obligated to disclose that information to you. Once you give your dog up to a shelter they take it to their facility. That will most likely be the last time you'll ever see him, you would not be allowed to call and check up on him. If you're so worried make sure that the Collie Rescue is a "no-kill" shelter. By doing so you can rest assured that they will hold onto your animal until he is re-adopted. The chances that someone from the shelter will take him to their house for comfortable living until being re-adopted is VERY thin.

• Each rescue group works differently. Some of them ask that you keep the dog until they find a new home for him, others will take the dog and put him into one of their foster homes until he finds a new home. However they do it, I'm sure he will be in good hands during the transition to his new home. If the rescue group has a phone number give them a call. Don't go with the group if you are not comfortable with how they operate. You can find another that you are happy with how they operate. Good luck.