How to get my parents to allow me to get a Border Collie pup?

I have had 4 dogs in my life, Sadly, only 1 is left (They all died of old age...They were older than me) I am 13, and I know what it takes for a Border Collie...My birthday isn't close, so I was wondering if someone could give me a few tips. Don't pull…

I have had 4 dogs in my life, Sadly, only 1 is left (They all died of old age...They were older than me) I am 13, and I know what it takes for a Border Collie...My birthday isn't close, so I was wondering if someone could give me a few tips. Don't pull…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How to get my parents to allow me to get a Border Collie pup?...

• How to get my parents to allow me to get a Border Collie pup?

How to get my parents to allow me to get a Border Collie pup? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have had 4 dogs in my life, Sadly, only 1 is left (They all died of old age...They were older than me) I am 13, and I know what it takes for a Border Collie...My birthday isn't close, so I was wondering if someone could give me a few tips. Don't pull the 'You don't sound ready for a Border Collie', I have grown up around dogs, and I go to an online school, so I can be with my dog almost 24/7.I've researched into Border Collies...I know they are energetic and such...I plan on training it, and doing stuff like that, along with the outdoor things (Advanced Tricks and other things, Maybe even Agility) As for what they said, They just said no, because A) My mom kind of wants a break from dogs and B) My dad just said no, because he doesn't get me or my brother things unless it's around birthday or christmas. (I looked it up, and the places that I found near me that sell puppies (And seem reputable)) Have an upcomming litter this summer (My brother doesn't really want a new dog, so asking him to ask for one is out of question.)Actually, My brother just doesn't want to ask for a dog. He actually loves dogs, my whole family does, and Yes, I would beable to give it the care it needed. Doesn't matter if you're on a ranch or not, as long as you the ability to get it the exercise and such it needs.

How to get my parents to allow me to get a Border Collie pup? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Im going to say that you should start saving money. I say that because you can tell them that the money is for some of the puppies needs such as shots,food,and things like that. if you have shown them in the past that you can handle a dog i don't see why they should have a problem. Start making sure you do more for the dog you have now to show them that you can handle another one.Well good luck and i hope you get your puppy soon.

• Even though you've had dog experience & researched said breed and say you'll be home to properly care for said pup..... the truth is, you're a minor and cannot legally purchase, take it to the vet, or license it without your folks. If your folks agree to getting another pup then you'll get 1. I would spend the next 5 years doing more research & saving up ones money to get your own abode. Once you've a stable life....... get that Border Collie.

• " I know what it takes for a Border Collie"Perhaps you'd like to elaborate a bit on that comment, because BC's are far more than just "energetic". They need a job to do. And being a kid's pet isn't what a BC considers a job.... I suggest you consider other breeds.As for your parents, what did they say when you asked them if you could have another dog? We can't give you "tips" if we don't know their reasons for refusing your request.

• do you or your parents own a working ranch or farm?No?Then no, you shouldn't have a BC. They NEED a job and since you are a child you wont be able to take proper care of the dog and wont be able to exercise the dog like it needs. The dog will be home alone for 6+ hours while you are at school and your parents at work and will desotry the house and yard. Then you parents will get rid of the dogYou clearly are not able to have a BC since you are a child. so what if you go to an online school, you will still be in school and wont be able to give the dog what it needs. Stop being selfish. You need to stop thinking about what you want. "As for what they said, They just said no, because A) My mom kind of wants a break from dogsThen stop being slefish. And yes you are being slefish. You are refusing to accep the fact you mom doenst want another dog in the house much less one you can't take care of " My dad just said no, because he doesn't get me or my brother things unless it's around birthday or christmas."Then you simply can't have a dog. Neither of your parents want one. Only you do. Its very unfair to the dog to be in ahome were it won't get the proper exersice and you are the only one who wants the dog to be there. "My brother doesn't really want a new dog, so asking him to ask for one is out of question"Again, you are the only one who wants the dog. Its a very bad idea and out right selfish to want a dog when no one else does.