What can I do about a collie mother who just lost all her puppies?

My family has a collie that just gave birth to six puppies. Two were born dead and other four died over the course of two days. The mother, Dusty, is obviously very upset. What should we do for her?

My family has a collie that just gave birth to six puppies. Two were born dead and other four died over the course of two days. The mother, Dusty, is obviously very upset. What should we do for her?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What can I do about a collie mother who just lost all her puppies?...

• What can I do about a collie mother who just lost all her puppies?

What can I do about a collie mother who just lost all her puppies? Dog Breed Discussions
      My family has a collie that just gave birth to six puppies. Two were born dead and other four died over the course of two days. The mother, Dusty, is obviously very upset. What should we do for her?

What can I do about a collie mother who just lost all her puppies? Dog Breed Discussions
    • The best thing for her, emotionally, is to let her see that they're dead. Show her the bodies of the dead puppies, let her sniff them, and dispose of the bodies away from her. Puppies die all the time in the wild, and she'll get over it. DO NOT LET HER EAT THEM!

• The best thing you can do for her is have her spayed as soon as possible so that this kind of thing does not have a chance of ever happening again.There are plenty of reputable Collie breeders around that when they would like another Collie they can go out and buy one.

• Call your vet and arrange a spay appointment as soon as possible. Did you have a necropsy done to find out the cause of death?And CHASTITY, Why Do All Of Your Words Start With A Capital Letter. You Do Know That It's Illegal For An 11 Year Old To Be On This Site, see the Community Guidelines. Really takes a lot of effort to begin all of your words with Caps.GRACE, dogs are not capable of the same emotions that humans have. Showing her the dead pups will mean nothing to her.

• Call your vet. He/She will know what to do to get her through this. Also they might be able to identify the reason the pups died. It could me a disease or fever that caused it. Good luck to you.