My collie is way to loud! Any way be can get her to stop barking?

We have a collie, she's almost three years old, an no matter what we can't get her to stop barking! The neighbors have been pretty nice but they're starting to complain. We also have a five year old shar-pei/lab mix. Any way we can keep our collie quiet…

We have a collie, she's almost three years old, an no matter what we can't get her to stop barking! The neighbors have been pretty nice but they're starting to complain. We also have a five year old shar-pei/lab mix. Any way we can keep our collie quiet…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : My collie is way to loud! Any way be can get her to stop barking?...

• My collie is way to loud! Any way be can get her to stop barking?

My collie is way to loud! Any way be can get her to stop barking? Dog Breed Discussions
      We have a collie, she's almost three years old, an no matter what we can't get her to stop barking! The neighbors have been pretty nice but they're starting to complain. We also have a five year old shar-pei/lab mix. Any way we can keep our collie quiet and prevent our mixie from picking up the bad habit?

My collie is way to loud! Any way be can get her to stop barking? Dog Breed Discussions
    • i suggest saying a firm and strict " No" that will be firm and strict enough to let her now that next time she'll recieve the same treatment never be mean , take it patiently next time she obeys give her praise and maybe a small treat , then she'll learn to know another way is to get a spray bottle and spray the collie with water when he barks.it dosent hurt them just startles them. , good luck ! hope i helped !

• get a spray bottle and spray the collie with water when he barks.it dosent hurt them just startle them.my friend trains seeing eye dogs and this is what used to prevent them to stop barking.

• Remember that any attention to your dog in her eyes is good news, even if you're lecturing her to be quiet. If this were my dog, barking would earn her an extremely fast, neutral, all-expenses-paid trip to her crate. I'd cover that crate with a blanket until she got quiet, then I'd reward with cookies, attention, and playtime. Dogs learn by repetition. A few *neutrally executed* time outs like this and she should get it. If you keep paying attention to her for barking, then guess what she'll do - all day?Good luck!http://clickersolutions.com/articles/index.htm#problem

• I know some people that (as a last resort) have attached a shocking collar to the neck of their dog, Can be found at Petsmart, online or other dog stores. Every time the dog barks, it gets shocked, but not too much, just enough to make it uncomfortable. This is just an idea, disregard if you think it isn't humane. There is a pretty thorough review on wikipedia under shock collars.