My dog has been panting and breathing heavy for the past few hours?

My rat terrier has been panting and breathing heavy for the past few hours. She hasn't been running around all day when we let her outside. It seems like she is uncomfortable walking. It also looks like there is swelling around the kidney area on both…

My rat terrier has been panting and breathing heavy for the past few hours. She hasn't been running around all day when we let her outside. It seems like she is uncomfortable walking. It also looks like there is swelling around the kidney area on both…...
    General Dog Discussions : My dog has been panting and breathing heavy for the past few hours?...

• My dog has been panting and breathing heavy for the past few hours?

My dog has been panting and breathing heavy for the past few hours? General Dog Discussions
      My rat terrier has been panting and breathing heavy for the past few hours. She hasn't been running around all day when we let her outside. It seems like she is uncomfortable walking. It also looks like there is swelling around the kidney area on both sides. What might this be and is it safe to wait till the morning to see a vet?

My dog has been panting and breathing heavy for the past few hours? General Dog Discussions
    • Panting, heavy breathing and abdominal swelling could all be signs of bloat, which is fatal if not treated immediately. It could also be something quite minor. Phone the emergency vet at the very least, and follow their advice.