I think my dog might have chipped his tooth?

So my dog is 2 years old and I just found that he was chewing on a white thing that looked like his tooth, or this could be my brothers baby teeth. I can't really tell which it is because it broke in half. I've tried looking at my dogs teeth but he keeps…

So my dog is 2 years old and I just found that he was chewing on a white thing that looked like his tooth, or this could be my brothers baby teeth. I can't really tell which it is because it broke in half. I've tried looking at my dogs teeth but he keeps…...
    General Dog Discussions : I think my dog might have chipped his tooth?...

• I think my dog might have chipped his tooth?

I think my dog might have chipped his tooth? General Dog Discussions
      So my dog is 2 years old and I just found that he was chewing on a white thing that looked like his tooth, or this could be my brothers baby teeth. I can't really tell which it is because it broke in half. I've tried looking at my dogs teeth but he keeps moving around so I can't keep him still.But my dog is still chewing in his toys and treats like normal. Is this something I should be worried about? Or serious enough to take to the vet?

I think my dog might have chipped his tooth? General Dog Discussions
    • If it is a small chip it should be fine left, but if on the other hand a large piece of tooth it will decay over time causing the dog discomfort and have to be extracted. Is there anyone in the household who could hold the dog’s head while you inspected the tooth? If not I would err on the side of caution and take the dog for a check up.My current adult Doberman sliced a large piece off an adult premolar and was taken to the vet due to the fact the nerve may be exposed which would cause pain, the risk of infection and to ask the tooth could be repaired and remain functional for grinding and chewing on bones and raw meat ect.In the vet's opinion repairing broken premolar was an option and she would be given an anaesthetic and filler applied. Two years on and she eats as normal and the repaired premolar is a sound tooth. The cost was around $635 and that was reasonable given the fact she was anesthetised which is always expensive and requires a member of staff to monitor the dog throughout the procedure and the professional skill of the vet.