Can an aggressive dog ever be 100% rehabilitated?

This is just a general question. Has anyone ever known a dog with severe dog aggression or other that has completely turned around and now knows how to play at the dog park? Please share stories and info.

This is just a general question. Has anyone ever known a dog with severe dog aggression or other that has completely turned around and now knows how to play at the dog park? Please share stories and info....
    Dogs Training Discussions : Can an aggressive dog ever be 100% rehabilitated?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can an aggressive dog ever be 100% rehabilitated?

Can an aggressive dog ever be 100% rehabilitated? Dogs Training Discussions
      This is just a general question. Has anyone ever known a dog with severe dog aggression or other that has completely turned around and now knows how to play at the dog park? Please share stories and info.

Can an aggressive dog ever be 100% rehabilitated? Dogs Training Discussions
    • They can be trained in a way to overcome the aggression but you will never have a 100% guarantee that something will not trigger their aggression again.

• I do not believe any severely aggressive dog can be 100% rehabilitated and trusted. You just never know what is going to trigger them. I worked with a few dogs. It just depends how deep the abuse runs. Dogs are not born aggressive people make them that way. I took in a mixed breed dog who was some what aggressive and very abused. I thought he was making an amazing break through after 3 months. Till we brought some puppies here. He grabbed a hold of the puppy and shook it like a rag doll. The puppy was unharmed. The 2nd time he did it. I decided I had to put him to sleep. I later came to find out that the home he came from had rats. So we believe he saw the puppy as a rat. I also took in a Boxer who bit anyone who was carrying a plate of food. You could be sitting at the table eating but if he saw you walking from the kitchen he would bit. He was healthy and always had food and treats. My friend took in a saint who was fine for years. Than one day they were all out and the yard and her husband picked something up and the dog lunged at him and his arm is permanently damaged.

• As the owner of a rehabilitated aggressive dog, I can say positively, that my dog will never get the chance, changed dog or no.I don't believe that they can be completely fixed, and I will always be cautious and responsible in my decisions concerning my dog.My dog was human fear aggressive. She is very different from when I got her, but the chance will always be there for her to freak out and bite someone.