What should I do about a blood blister on my dog?

I have a year and a half old female lab. We recently took her to the reservoir to swim and checked her for ticks when we got back. A few days later I found a raised, red, round, bump about the size of a pencil eraser on the side of her neck. It appears…

I have a year and a half old female lab. We recently took her to the reservoir to swim and checked her for ticks when we got back. A few days later I found a raised, red, round, bump about the size of a pencil eraser on the side of her neck. It appears…...
    General Dog Discussions : What should I do about a blood blister on my dog?...

• What should I do about a blood blister on my dog?

What should I do about a blood blister on my dog? General Dog Discussions
      I have a year and a half old female lab. We recently took her to the reservoir to swim and checked her for ticks when we got back. A few days later I found a raised, red, round, bump about the size of a pencil eraser on the side of her neck. It appears to be a blood blister, but could a tick be under the skin? If not, should a burst it open?

What should I do about a blood blister on my dog? General Dog Discussions
    • hey go to crawldog.com/ivince to watch my awesome webshow.it airs every friday so there will be a new webcast up every friday. plz watch it and send me a comment of how u like it

• Don't take a chance. Bring her to the vet.I burst open what I thought was a blister on my dog and it turned out to be a tick. Now he has lyme disease.If I had taken it out properly he might not have gotten it.When you squeeze a tick you force all the bacteria into your dog.

• If its a tick, you'll know its a tick. Though blood blisters and ticks are very similar looking, google images can show you the difference. You should see a tick's bum sticking out, if that makes any sense. You said it was on the side of her neck; is it her collar rubbing her the wrong way?And should it be a blood blister, they're a pain. But if you use a sterile needle to pop it, squeeze out the blood (carefully!), and protect it with neosporin. I'd suggest a bandage (ace, sticky) on it, too, but that would involve shaving some of her fur. If you don't want to pop it and risk infection, just leave it be for it to go away. but make sure its not a tick!

• I think it's a tick. Look closer. You'd see little legs along it's sides.No, ticks don't go under the skin.I'd leave it alone for now. (Unless you can tell for sure it's a tick. Ticks should be removed immediately) The body usually takes cares of little hurts like that without any human interference. In fact, you could cause infection, scars, and other problems by fussing with it.Good luck.