What can i do to help my dogs aggression? I have a pitbull & a jack russel, they get along,but not with others

When it comes to any other animals or people my jackrussel tries to attack, and then my pit bull feeds off that energy and tries to attack. Thats only when they are outside. When they are inside and calm they are good dogs that do tricks and stuff.

What can i do to help my dogs aggression? I have a pitbull & a jack russel, they get along,but not with others

When it comes to any other animals or people my jackrussel tries to attack, and then my pit bull feeds off that energy and tries to attack. Thats only when they are outside. When they are inside and calm they are good dogs that do tricks and stuff....
    Dogs Training Discussions : What can i do to help my dogs aggression? I have a pitbull & a jack russel, they get along,but not with others...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What can i do to help my dogs aggression? I have a pitbull & a jack russel, they get along,but not with others

What can i do to help my dogs aggression? I have a pitbull & a jack russel, they get along,but not with others Dogs Training Discussions
      When it comes to any other animals or people my jackrussel tries to attack, and then my pit bull feeds off that energy and tries to attack. Thats only when they are outside. When they are inside and calm they are good dogs that do tricks and stuff.

What can i do to help my dogs aggression? I have a pitbull & a jack russel, they get along,but not with others Dogs Training Discussions
    • Whew...these are the worst of two worlds. Jack Russels can be great pets, but they require a lot of attention and will always be convinced that they own everything. Plus, they're hyperactive....good for kids, though.Pit Bulls, on the other hand are a violent and unpredictable breed. Even animals which having been lovingly raised can, often do turn vicious in an instant. Once they attack, it is very difficult to get them to stop. No one should own these animals.

• You have chosen to live with two breeds that tend to be dog aggressive. There is no reason that they have to be friends with other dogs. Just be glad they get along with each other and work on strict obedience training so that they will ignore other dogs and obey you instantly. The type trainer you need to help you is not the average trainer. You need someone, such as a police k9 trainer or French ring trainer, who is experienced in dealing with aggression. They'll know how to turn it off as well as on.Both these breeds are great dogs in the right hands but they do require an owner who is the absolute pack leader ("I call, you haul" person).

• What you need to do is to see a behavoirist, not a trainer. Make sure they are degreed and certified and get references. These are the BEST folks to assess a dog's behavior potentials.Some dogs simply cannot be with other dogs, and that is just the way it is. You obviously need/want to know this.Both these breeds are great. I work around Jacks a lot and they are often dog/dog aggressive if not properly socialized from a very young age.Some pitbulls are single dog only dogs. If not socialized early, and sometimes even if they are, they will not do well with others, it is a very individual thing in this breed.Good luck to you.

• There are dog training classes called Growler or Growly classes. I have heard very positive things about them. They are designed to help dogs like yours deal with other dogs. They are often taught by local shelters.

• Any Particular Behavior you do not approve of, you must dominantly challenge the dog and make the Dog Face the problem. Basically, Your dog feels dominant in that situation and until you step in and correct the behavior it will go on.But You must correct the dog before it has a chance to perform any behavior you do not feel is welcomed and this is for the rest of its life. The more you let a dog get away with something, the more it will think it is ok.

• the aggression is typical in some dogs... the thing is just like wolves, they need to show that hey i am the boss... i have the same situation, what i have done is when my dogs are around another dog, they are both muzzled, they will get the picture that's going to happen some dogs will calm down, but others don't.. as for people i try to introduce them slowly, what i do is put them in another room let the person come in and sit, and give them a couple treats, my one dog has no problem with that but my male will growl and bark, and i tell the person to show no fear dogs can smell that, he eventually comes around... but there are other reasons for dogs not liking someone, they have these senses about certain people and they don't like them... another thing do not hit or yell at the dog, what you do is leave it alone in another room by themselves, dogs do not like to be ignored, i have gotten this out of a dog book, i hope this helps... good luck