My dog has a bald patch and the skin is green, what is it?

My dog first had a small bald patch on his back the size of a quarter. It looked like he scraped it on something because it was red and looked like the skin had been rubbed off. A couple days later the bald patch is now the size of a baseball and the…

My dog first had a small bald patch on his back the size of a quarter. It looked like he scraped it on something because it was red and looked like the skin had been rubbed off. A couple days later the bald patch is now the size of a baseball and the…...
    General Dog Discussions : My dog has a bald patch and the skin is green, what is it?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My dog has a bald patch and the skin is green, what is it?

My dog has a bald patch and the skin is green, what is it? General Dog Discussions
      My dog first had a small bald patch on his back the size of a quarter. It looked like he scraped it on something because it was red and looked like the skin had been rubbed off. A couple days later the bald patch is now the size of a baseball and the skin has turned green. Is it mange? If not, is it just infected?

My dog has a bald patch and the skin is green, what is it? General Dog Discussions
    • Please get your dog to a vet ASAP! As in, tonight or tomorrow! That definitely sounds like an infection. Would you want a baseball-sized green lump on your skin?

• How fast is this happening? Without a better description, my worst fear is that your dog was bitten by a brown recluse spider. Take him to the nearest emergency vet to either rule it out or start immediate treatment. If it is a brown recluse bite and it goes untreated you will lose your dog.

• sounds like a Hot spot. I'd take your dog to the vet so they can give you a topical spray to heal it. They will most likely prescribe "Gentocin" or "Betigan" Spray.