My foster dog Perry has a growth on his chest that seems to have appeared over night. What could it be?

It looks like a tumor but feels like it's a fluid sac of some sort. It appeared yesterday and is still there today. He has an appointment in the morning to be neutered so I'm requesting the vet to check it out, but I'd like to know of the possibilities…

My foster dog Perry has a growth on his chest that seems to have appeared over night. What could it be?

It looks like a tumor but feels like it's a fluid sac of some sort. It appeared yesterday and is still there today. He has an appointment in the morning to be neutered so I'm requesting the vet to check it out, but I'd like to know of the possibilities…...
    General Dog Discussions : My foster dog Perry has a growth on his chest that seems to have appeared over night. What could it be?...

• My foster dog Perry has a growth on his chest that seems to have appeared over night. What could it be?

My foster dog Perry has a growth on his chest that seems to have appeared over night. What could it be? General Dog Discussions
      It looks like a tumor but feels like it's a fluid sac of some sort. It appeared yesterday and is still there today. He has an appointment in the morning to be neutered so I'm requesting the vet to check it out, but I'd like to know of the possibilities besides it being a tumor. Thanks.

My foster dog Perry has a growth on his chest that seems to have appeared over night. What could it be? General Dog Discussions
    • A fluid sac like you suggest is likely to be a lipoma (fatty lump) and the vet will be able to check easily enough.But............... that or a tumor would not have appeared literally overnight, so either you have missed it or it is a reaction to a bite or sting. Either way, a tumor is the most unlikely cause.