What are some ways to tell if a dog is in pain?

As in the case following surgery, for example. Let's be clear: My dog has not had surgery, but I am exploring a hypothetical situation.

As in the case following surgery, for example. Let's be clear: My dog has not had surgery, but I am exploring a hypothetical situation....
    General Dog Discussions : What are some ways to tell if a dog is in pain?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What are some ways to tell if a dog is in pain?

What are some ways to tell if a dog is in pain? General Dog Discussions
      As in the case following surgery, for example. Let's be clear: My dog has not had surgery, but I am exploring a hypothetical situation.

What are some ways to tell if a dog is in pain? General Dog Discussions
    • Dogs mostly make painful sounds. High pitched, not very nice to listen to sounds.Or they might just not move if its something really painful. But really they just sort of.... yell? They make very painful sounds. I have a dog and if something happens to her, she just yells, sticks her ears back, tucks her tail under her butt and just makes painful sounds. Then when its over (a few seconds) she just starts being herself again and goes happily back to what she was doing. Shes a crazy little dog! :)Hope that helped.