Dexamethasome have any of you ever given it to your dogs for Pain?

My little Peke has been having pain from arthritis. My vet has prescribed it, now we are having trouble with bloody diarrhea, I think that is what caused it and he has a different viewpoint that it is a dietary problem. I feed the best Canidae and boiled…

My little Peke has been having pain from arthritis. My vet has prescribed it, now we are having trouble with bloody diarrhea, I think that is what caused it and he has a different viewpoint that it is a dietary problem. I feed the best Canidae and boiled…...
    General Dog Discussions : Dexamethasome have any of you ever given it to your dogs for Pain?...

• Dexamethasome have any of you ever given it to your dogs for Pain?

Dexamethasome have any of you ever given it to your dogs for Pain? General Dog Discussions
      My little Peke has been having pain from arthritis. My vet has prescribed it, now we are having trouble with bloody diarrhea, I think that is what caused it and he has a different viewpoint that it is a dietary problem. I feed the best Canidae and boiled chicken. Does anyone have an opinion.

Dexamethasome have any of you ever given it to your dogs for Pain? General Dog Discussions
    • Dexamethasone is a corticosteroid, and can be used to treat inflammation caused by arthritis. I don't know about bloody diarrhea in animals, but its not a side effect for humans. You should check with another veterinarian for a second opinion, especially if your dog will be on this long term.

• Dexamethasome is a steroid like prednisone,it can cause the bloody diarrhea as well as bleeding in the upper gi tract.I'd me more inclined to change the med not the diet