Why does my dog cry and scream when he poops?

He is a year and a couple months old chowchow. I've tried de-worming him but he continues. Should I feed him a certain type of food to make this go away? I feed him dry food.. Hearing him cry makes me want to do something about it but im clueless..…

Why does my dog cry and scream when he poops?

He is a year and a couple months old chowchow. I've tried de-worming him but he continues. Should I feed him a certain type of food to make this go away? I feed him dry food.. Hearing him cry makes me want to do something about it but im clueless..…...
    General Dog Discussions : Why does my dog cry and scream when he poops?...

• Take him to the vet. Sounds like he may have eaten something that he can't pass (rubber ball etc.). X-rays may give you the answers you need to make him happy and healthy.

• Could have impacted anal glands. They are easily "expressed" by placing fingers at "10 & 2" around the outside of his b-hole & gently squeezing outward. Might take several tries but (be ready w/ paper towel in your hand) the impaction will suddenly "pop" out into your hand and doggy will be HAPPY!

• You should take him to the vet and have him x-rayed. Their are a few explanations.First off, he might have ate a foreign object, and it's stuck in is colon or something like it.Second, he may be constipated.Thirdly, you're right, it could just be his food.Hope all is well with the little fellow though. Good luck and take care.Q.L.

• my dog used to do that. she was constipated. you need to feed him some rice. it could be something else, so you might take him to the vet, but the last time my other dog did that i gave him some steak/beans and rice. he was cleared right out. but you have to make sure you take him out as soon as he needs to because beans/rice will go through fast...

• There are anal glands that can develop problems, and that might be a possibility. However, nobody here is a vet, and even if they were, would have to examine the dog to make a diagnosis. Anything anyone says here is just a guess. So, you'll have to take him to the vet.

• anal sacs there are 2 one on either side of anus they are probably full take to vet immediatly so they can EXPRESS them or they will abcess and cause excrutiating pain also possibly death godd luck!!!!!!

• It sounds like his stools are really dry or he's constipated. He should be pooping at least once a day. If his stool is dry that means he's dehydrated. Try feeding him canned food or mix his dry food with milk. If he's not used to milk it's a natural laxative sort of. But you need to check his stool. Is it dry and hard? Or is it formed but moist? You'll be able to tell the difference. If it's dry and hard push fluids on him, make sure he's drinking more water a day, whether you have to feed him ice cubes or put some milk in his water. You can't really use a stool softener on him if he's dehydrated. You can buy puppy milk as a treat and feed him that, not the newborn formula but like the stuff you can get for adult cats. If you can't find it for dogs try the fake milk for adult cats and get lactose free one. If he likes it mix it with as much water as he'll stand before he won't drink it because it's to watered down. But, if his stools are moist and you can tell. Bring a specimen into the vet’s office because he might have some type of intestinal inflammation/parasite/infection. And if a couple of good days, like 4 or 5 don't hydrate him he'll still need to see a vet then and bring in a stool sample. If he is acting normal then try hydrating him and see what happens, but if he's not himself, not eating and just seems not to be "the dog you know" take him to a vet regardless.Good Lucklb