Any advice on how to approach a neighbour who NEVER walks her beautiful Newfoundland dog?

I don't know the family at all but it's breaking my heart to see this dog at the window when I walk by with my dog. The dog park is 10 feet away.

Any advice on how to approach a neighbour who NEVER walks her beautiful Newfoundland dog?

I don't know the family at all but it's breaking my heart to see this dog at the window when I walk by with my dog. The dog park is 10 feet away....
    General Dog Discussions : Any advice on how to approach a neighbour who NEVER walks her beautiful Newfoundland dog?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Any advice on how to approach a neighbour who NEVER walks her beautiful Newfoundland dog?

Any advice on how to approach a neighbour who NEVER walks her beautiful Newfoundland dog? General Dog Discussions
      I don't know the family at all but it's breaking my heart to see this dog at the window when I walk by with my dog. The dog park is 10 feet away.

Any advice on how to approach a neighbour who NEVER walks her beautiful Newfoundland dog? General Dog Discussions
    • Thats just sad!! Do you know them well enough to invite this poor little shut-in along? Suggest a double-dog date at the park, I do it all the time Ive made good friends and so has my best friend.

• Since you don't know your neighbors as well.. Try and make it like a "double doggy date"Go to the park and see how your dogs hit it off.. and see how you guys hit it off.If the people say they are too busy.. then offer to take the dog to the park for a little while.It would be a great way for you and your neighbors to get more acquainted.. as well as the dog to be socialized.

• why not just knock on her door and introduce yourself and your dog to her, Then ask her if she would care to go for a walk with you and your dog or offer to take her dog for a walk with you.It could be your neighbour has underlying health reasons for not walking her dog herself.

• Knock on their door with your dog by your side and say something like, "Hey, I live over there and I was just wondering why we've never met before. I'm (insert name here), and this is (insert dogs name here)"Once you get to know each other a little bit, offer to go to the park with your two dogs :)

• As an owner of a newfie, I know this breed very well. They do not require a lot of exercise. While they do enjoy a walk, they are very content to run in a yard and then crash on the rug. There also may be a physical issue with the dog. There are many issues that would require no walking. I have one newfie that has hip and leg injuries. People don't know this when they see her. But she can't physically handle a walk. She plays in the yard for her exercise. Also, these dogs grow very quickly, so sometimes the dog may look full grown, and still be a pup. With giant breed dogs, it is very unhealthy and can produce permanant issues to over-exercise it as a pup. You should leave it alone as you don't know the whole story.