would wiping bleach on my dogs feet help protect my new pup from parvo?

Would it protect him from what ever my dog has stepped in?

Would it protect him from what ever my dog has stepped in?...
    General Dog Discussions : would wiping bleach on my dogs feet help protect my new pup from parvo?...

• would wiping bleach on my dogs feet help protect my new pup from parvo?

would wiping bleach on my dogs feet help protect my new pup from parvo? General Dog Discussions
      Would it protect him from what ever my dog has stepped in?

would wiping bleach on my dogs feet help protect my new pup from parvo? General Dog Discussions
    • It could. Can't die of parvo if you're already dead from poisoning. PLEASE don't wipe bleach on your dog*Edit: Apparently the person who gave me a thumbs down can't recognize sarcasm! LOL*

• Um, NO.Bleach will give a chemical burn to skin. Try wiping it on your own feet if you don't believe me... as many times as you plan on putting your dogs feet in it.If you have had parvo in your home or on your property, you have no business getting another dog.If you have not had this problem, why bother worrying about it?

• Don't put any chemicals on your dog that aren't specifically made for dogs. If you do you could kill him. You are supposed to be careful where you take him on walks until his parvo shots are done and effective.

• Are you serious? You may need to put some bleach on your feet and see how that works. You can track the virus right to your own door step on the bottom of any rubber sole shoe as well as your bare foot. I sure hope you dont have children yet. I apologize for being rude but come on! Think about it ? If bleach could kill a virus we could all be healthier although we would all be in allot of pain from burning skin. Get directions from your vet on immunizations. Your dog should have had its first shots at aprox 8 wks. There are a series of boosters that follow.aprox 2 more x then Rabies at aprox 6 months I just gave all 10 of my GSD puppies their first and included was parvo. You can purchase the series yourself at your local large anamal feed stores, its very inecpensive $15 dollars including worm med.Good luck to you and your dog!!!!!NOTE* Sorry if I came across as rude. Thinking this morning about answer I posted last night. .I never want to discourage people from asking a question. There are so many people that don't take "Answers" serious these days thats why I hardly post anymore. It seems to have become more comic to me than serious. If you are a serious contributor remember that"NO QUESTION IS A DUMB QUESTION!!" **hint (its possible to get better replies,serious replies, by the wording your question differently)Again,good luck!!

• No , PLEASE don"t do that , it is as bad as poisening your dog. The Parvo virus floats in the air and the only way you can keep it from catching it is to get the Parvo vacine at your vets clinic or a animal hospital, it doesn"t cost much and it is very important if any one has a puppy.So please don"t do any thing before you call a vet.

• O shi- don't put bleach on your dogs feet...Parvo is air born get your dog vaccinated this will help over bleach....Don't ever put a chemical on your dog are you trying to burn your dog?