What breed of dog tends to make the best "lap" dogs?

I'd like to get a new dog. I am primarily looking for a dog who will want to sit and cuddle with me while watching tv or napping. Any suggestions?

What breed of dog tends to make the best "lap" dogs?

I'd like to get a new dog. I am primarily looking for a dog who will want to sit and cuddle with me while watching tv or napping. Any suggestions?...
    General Dog Discussions : What breed of dog tends to make the best "lap" dogs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A toy poodle they dont shed ... really smart ... but only draw back is they require regular trims ... i have two they are by far the best lap dogs

• Pomeranian is one of the most lovable,cuddling,loyal pup that their is.They shed very little and need very little grooming.They do not have an odor like most dogs and they can live to be 25 yrs old.They have wonderful temperaments and get along with anyone .They love to be loved and give their all to those that love them back.They bond with other animals in the home cats,other dogs and even will play safely with birds.They are amazing little wonders.Get a book at the Pet store and read up on them you will be amazed.They are just what you have mentioned above.

• It all depends on what kind of person u r.In my opinion,Shih zus r the best because u cant b allergic 2 them.theyre supposed 2 hav human hair or something.

• I have a Bichon Yorkie mix. About 12 pounds who just prefers to cuddle and nap. Not sure if she likes what I watch on TV but definitely gets jealous when I am watching the dog shows.

• Pugs!!! I have a baby pug and he is so perfect! Pugs were originally bred in China to be lap and feet warmers for emporers, so you can imagine how couch-potatoey they are =) I used to think that only the fluffy dogs were cute, but pugs are adorable. They have faces full of expression and curiosity. They are pretty calm, they like to play in the house but aren't really outdoor dogs. They are lazy (but also fun) so they will cuddle with you all day long. My pug jumps up on the couch with me and falls asleep on my lap or on my chest when I lay down. Good luck puppy hunting! =)