How much does your veterinarian charge for a nail trim?

I work at a vet clinic, and the veterinarian I work for charges $19.00 for a nail trim, PLUS $26.00 for a technician consultation. That means someone has to pay $45.00 to walk in and get their dog's nails trimmed. I think this is absolutely insane, and…

How much does your veterinarian charge for a nail trim?

I work at a vet clinic, and the veterinarian I work for charges $19.00 for a nail trim, PLUS $26.00 for a technician consultation. That means someone has to pay $45.00 to walk in and get their dog's nails trimmed. I think this is absolutely insane, and…...
    General Dog Discussions : How much does your veterinarian charge for a nail trim?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Wow, my vet does it for free, I have to pay the groomer to do it, but that's all one price 45.00 (bath, teeth brushed, cut and nails) sounds like you boss is on the get rich quick plan.

• I'm a dog groomer, I charge 5.00 for nail trim 'only'.However, it is included in the price if they are having a full groom. Prices start at 32.00 for full groom. That includes bath, anal glands, ears cleaned and plucked, toenail trim, coat rush out, and the haircut.The vet across the street charges 12.00 for toenail trim.I'm in south Ga.45.00 is rediculous. Sounds to me like they dont want to be bothered by it...maybe they are trying to discourage such an inconvenience for their time? Who knows. I'm curious to know how many people actually pay for that service, or do they say never mind and leave?

• I just paid $43 at petsmart for my dog to get washed, a haircut, AND a nail trimming. So she is definitely charging too much. I agree, look for another place to work, she's being very inconsiderate. Don't change the price, you might get in trouble for doing that without authorization from the vet. Just refer the customers to go next door.

• Here in my-town Colorado, I pay $5.00. I can't even imagine someone being okay with paying $45.00 for just a nail trim. That is robbery in my opinion. I could get myself a manicure AND a pedicure for that much $.