Can my dogs nails scratch my bathtub?

Winters coming soon and my parents think that our dog's nails will scratch and mark the bathtub/shower stall if we bathe her in there. If my dogs nails are clipped but the nails still hit the tub, will it scratch? I think the tubs made with fiber glass.…

Winters coming soon and my parents think that our dog's nails will scratch and mark the bathtub/shower stall if we bathe her in there. If my dogs nails are clipped but the nails still hit the tub, will it scratch? I think the tubs made with fiber glass.…...
    General Dog Discussions : Can my dogs nails scratch my bathtub?...

• Can my dogs nails scratch my bathtub?

Can my dogs nails scratch my bathtub? General Dog Discussions
      Winters coming soon and my parents think that our dog's nails will scratch and mark the bathtub/shower stall if we bathe her in there. If my dogs nails are clipped but the nails still hit the tub, will it scratch? I think the tubs made with fiber glass. During the summer we would go outside when it was sunny and poir a bucket of warm water and dog shampoo to clean her up. But the snow might come

Can my dogs nails scratch my bathtub? General Dog Discussions
    • Seeing as how it its fiberglass, probably not. BUT lots of tubs have a coating of this paintlike subtance, so it may leave scratches. To be safe I would file your dog's nails or grins them if they are not rounded.

• I bathe all four of my dogs in the tub, and I have never had this problem. If you're really worried about it you could run a little water in the tub first to soften the nails, and help protect the tub. (o:

• Unless the dog has issues being bathed, you should not have to worry about him scratching the tub. Yes it is possible, but if you keep the dogs nails short, and clipped,m you are for sure going to be fine. If you wanted you could also put a rubber mat on the bottom of the tub, just encase.

• I think that they could scratch, but it isn't overly likely. Maybe softening your dogs nails before washing her could help prevent scratches. You could soak them in some warm water, or you could always round off the edges of your dogs nails and get rid of any rough spots.I don't think the scratches would be that big though - my dog is a pug/cavalier king charles spaniel and so has REALLY long nails and they VERY rarely scratch our fiber glass tub. When they do, they don't indent but are merely along the surface and can barely be seen! :)