Does anyone have advice on how to get out dog nail scratches from hardwood floors?

My dog is killing me! I need some advice as to how to get out scratches from hardwood floors. Also, any future preventative advice would be greatly appreciated as well!

Does anyone have advice on how to get out dog nail scratches from hardwood floors?

My dog is killing me! I need some advice as to how to get out scratches from hardwood floors. Also, any future preventative advice would be greatly appreciated as well!...
    General Dog Discussions : Does anyone have advice on how to get out dog nail scratches from hardwood floors?...

• Does anyone have advice on how to get out dog nail scratches from hardwood floors?

Does anyone have advice on how to get out dog nail scratches from hardwood floors? General Dog Discussions
      My dog is killing me! I need some advice as to how to get out scratches from hardwood floors. Also, any future preventative advice would be greatly appreciated as well!

Does anyone have advice on how to get out dog nail scratches from hardwood floors? General Dog Discussions
    • You can oil/wax the floor, and to prevent it from happening again you can clip your dogs nails, or bring him/her to a black top and have him run around on it, that will dull the nails :)

• Probably light sanding and then restaining the board if you take too much off. Also put down 2 coats of polyurethane on the wood - its tougher to protect. We will be redoing our living room floors (hopefully soon) but our dog doesn't like going on wood floors.

• Keep the dogs nails trimmed. To both remove the scratches and add a layer of protection a buff and recoat aka sandless refinish is what you need. Here is what you will need;- Floor buffer (You can rent these, get the square buffer if not familiar with using a buffer- White pad for buffer- 220 grit sanding screen also for buffer- Floor finish (I like Bona Traffic)- Mineral spirits (for dust mopping)- Vacuum- Applicator (I like duratool brand t-bar applicators)- Micro fiber dust mopFirst, buff the floor with the pad and screen on the buffer. This will remove surface scratches and adbrade the existing finish so that a new coating will bond to the finish. After buffing the entire floor, vacuum really well, then dust mop the floor with a micro fiber dust mop that has been dampened with mineral spirits. Then apply the finish using the applicator. I pour the finish in a line on the floor and work it around, almost like a squeegee. You can repeat this process 2-3 times for even more protection if you want. Just be sure the previous coating is fully dry.