White of dogs eye is very red?

I've just noticed the white of my dogs eye is very red? What should I do? If it doesn't go away should I take him to the vets? And how long should I wait before taking him to the vet?It's just my grans gone to australia for a while and she's usually the…

I've just noticed the white of my dogs eye is very red? What should I do? If it doesn't go away should I take him to the vets? And how long should I wait before taking him to the vet?It's just my grans gone to australia for a while and she's usually the…...
    General Dog Discussions : White of dogs eye is very red?...

• White of dogs eye is very red?

White of dogs eye is very red? General Dog Discussions
      I've just noticed the white of my dogs eye is very red? What should I do? If it doesn't go away should I take him to the vets? And how long should I wait before taking him to the vet?It's just my grans gone to australia for a while and she's usually the one who deals with this sort of thing.

White of dogs eye is very red? General Dog Discussions
    • It could be an infection or injury. Is there more discharge than normal coming from the eye (eye 'boogers')? This is often a sign something is wrong as well. You should take the dog to the vet. It could be that she scratched her eye, or she may have an infection, such as conjuctivitis (pink eye) this is contagous to humans, so until you get the dog to the vet, wash your hands, a lot.

• Most likely allergies, and Benedril can help a lot. You may find the dosage if you google dogs and Benedril. But if the dog shows any other odd behavior; lathargic, weak, large amounts of running of nose eyes or mucus, overly thirsty, not eating well etc...take it to the vet to be tested for other serious disease.