Does my dog have allergies or is it something more concerning?

My dog is a male shiba inu . He is 6 years old and he has had this reddish rash under his leg only on one side and near his urinary area. =t has been a little more than month but after we took him to the vet it just came back again. His rash is a little…

My dog is a male shiba inu . He is 6 years old and he has had this reddish rash under his leg only on one side and near his urinary area. =t has been a little more than month but after we took him to the vet it just came back again. His rash is a little…...
    General Dog Discussions : Does my dog have allergies or is it something more concerning?...

• Does my dog have allergies or is it something more concerning?

Does my dog have allergies or is it something more concerning? General Dog Discussions
      My dog is a male shiba inu . He is 6 years old and he has had this reddish rash under his leg only on one side and near his urinary area. =t has been a little more than month but after we took him to the vet it just came back again. His rash is a little swollen and he cleans and scratches himself alot. i can use some help.any thoughts plsz

Does my dog have allergies or is it something more concerning? General Dog Discussions
    • Honestly it could be an allergy which it most likely is by the sound of it however even if it is just an allergy you should take the dog to the vet. I know they cost a lot of money but I am sure it is easier to go there than have your dog in pain without you knowing. Make sure you explain all this to the vet and I hope you well <3

• One of the most common conditions affecting dogs is allergy. In the allergic state, the dog's immune system overreacts to foreign substances (allergens or antigens) to which he is exposed. These overreactions are manifested in three ways. The most common is itching of the skin; either localized (one area) or generalized (all over the dog). Another manifestation involves the respiratory system and may result in coughing, sneezing, and/or wheezing. Sometimes, there may be an associated nasal or ocular (eye) discharge. The third manifestation involves the digestive system, resulting in vomiting or diarrhea. Any health care links located here are NOT to replace a veterinarian visit; please take your dog to a vet immediately at any sign of odd behavior or any symptoms of illness or injury. Call your vet and describe your dog's symptoms with any of your concerns about the dog's well-being. Your veterinarian may discover changes in your dog's health that you have overlooked. It is always better to make a mistake on the side of caution.