Can my friend's dog still be neutered despite breathing problems?

My friend has a one year old unneutered pit bull. She only recently got him, and he came from an abusive place. His old owner's boyfriend beat him. His nose was broken and healed wrong (before my friend got him), now he can breathe but makes snorting…

My friend has a one year old unneutered pit bull. She only recently got him, and he came from an abusive place. His old owner's boyfriend beat him. His nose was broken and healed wrong (before my friend got him), now he can breathe but makes snorting…...
    General Dog Discussions : Can my friend's dog still be neutered despite breathing problems?...

• Can my friend's dog still be neutered despite breathing problems?

Can my friend's dog still be neutered despite breathing problems? General Dog Discussions
      My friend has a one year old unneutered pit bull. She only recently got him, and he came from an abusive place. His old owner's boyfriend beat him. His nose was broken and healed wrong (before my friend got him), now he can breathe but makes snorting noises and has trouble when he's on his back. He WILL be seen by a vet so don't harass. I'm just wondering if he can go under anesthesia still because not neutering isn't really an option. He is a great dog even with what happened. Thank you in advance.

Can my friend's dog still be neutered despite breathing problems? General Dog Discussions
    • As long as the vet is aware of the issue prior to surgery, he or she will make the decision on whether it will be fitting to anesthetize the dog. Your friend may also consider, at the same time as the neutering, to attempt a reconstruction of the nasal passage for a healthier dog.