How do I keep my dog from digging at the neighbors privacy fence?

We have our dogs in the back yard and the neighbors all have dogs in their yards. We believe the neighbors dog is in heat.

We have our dogs in the back yard and the neighbors all have dogs in their yards. We believe the neighbors dog is in heat....
    General Dog Discussions : How do I keep my dog from digging at the neighbors privacy fence?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do I keep my dog from digging at the neighbors privacy fence?

How do I keep my dog from digging at the neighbors privacy fence? General Dog Discussions
      We have our dogs in the back yard and the neighbors all have dogs in their yards. We believe the neighbors dog is in heat.

How do I keep my dog from digging at the neighbors privacy fence? General Dog Discussions
    • Get some chicken or kennel wire and bury it along the fence, when the dog digs and hits this, they don't like the feel on their paws (plus it has an added bonus of acting as a barrier).You could also get an "invisible fence" and run it along the border of your property. It won't allow the dog to get too close to the fence. However, DO read & follow the directions closely if you decide to go this route. The poop trick another member mentioned does work, however I have found that most dogs will simply dig around it.

• do not chain your dog or any other simular things its bloody cruel! the dog shouldnt be locked up in his own yard and if anyones dog is then they shouldnt have a dog! the dog just needs to know whos boss! smack him everytime he does it squirt lime where he is digging, a fair bit so it stops him, this does work ive done it due to advice from a pet professional. but you need to smack the dog to when smacking a dog you dont want to hurt him so he bruises or breaks bones u want to sting him tho, and sting him good