Is it bad when your dog is eating catfood?

I have a dog and a cat, and my dog always eats the cat food, why is that?

I have a dog and a cat, and my dog always eats the cat food, why is that?...
    General Dog Discussions : Is it bad when your dog is eating catfood?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is it bad when your dog is eating catfood?

Is it bad when your dog is eating catfood? General Dog Discussions
      I have a dog and a cat, and my dog always eats the cat food, why is that?

Is it bad when your dog is eating catfood? General Dog Discussions
    • Cat diets are made primarily of meat and meat products, so in the long run they can be too rich for dogs and can cause digestive problems. They are also denser in calories than dog diets, so they can lead to obesity in dogs. Because of the additional fat and calories, cat food often tastes better to dogs than dog food does, so you may have to keep an eye on your dog to make sure he doesn't indulge in the kitty kibbles.

• Cat food is not good for dogs.One dog who always ate cat food developed urinary incontinence.Good idea is to feed them in separate rooms with door closed until they are through (20 minutes or so) then remove the leftover food.

• They both have slightly similar ingredients to my knowledge and are both salty and taste like fish, vegetables, etc. But it's not good for dogs to be eating cat food, and even though both foods may seem alike, they really are made with the "eater" in mind. Cat food has a lot of protein, and that is necessary for their diets. Feeding a dog cat food often, can lead to things such as urinary problems, bladder stones, etc. And when cats eat dog food regularly, they aren't getting enough protein. This can only occur if they do it often and regularly.

• No no no no no, Dont let your god eat the Cat food. Its very very bad to let your dog eat cat food. Cats food is too rich for dog to eat. They will get food posion. It cause Stomach virus for dogs, and yeap they will poop crazy. If your dog get stomach virus or feel ill, give him 1/2 of a 10 mg Pepcid tablet at bedtime for the next 3-4 nights to help settle his stomach, but you cannot give him this medication long-term. Try feeding your cat on the top of the counter where your dog cannot reach.Cat needs their cat food for nutrients.Dog need their dog food for Energy.I hope this helps! good luck!

• my dogs always do that and i have to sperad them when they eat. the eason that they do that is because dog and cat food is almost the same flavor in them. my cats always eat the dog food and they seem to enjoy it. its 4 dogs and 2 cats, and i really dont have to worry about buying them dog and cat food. they will all eat the same kind of food. really its just cause its the same flavor. the only difference is that cat food has more fish ingretients and dog has more chicken and gravy flavor