How can I get my puppy to be more comfortable living with me?

I just got a Shnoodle puppy yesterday, and she is about 12 weeks old. She's kinda shy, and she is still really nervous around me. I can also tell that she's kind of scared. Most of the time, she just sits in the corner. How can I get her to feel more…

I just got a Shnoodle puppy yesterday, and she is about 12 weeks old. She's kinda shy, and she is still really nervous around me. I can also tell that she's kind of scared. Most of the time, she just sits in the corner. How can I get her to feel more…...
    General Dog Discussions : How can I get my puppy to be more comfortable living with me?...

• How can I get my puppy to be more comfortable living with me?

How can I get my puppy to be more comfortable living with me? General Dog Discussions
      I just got a Shnoodle puppy yesterday, and she is about 12 weeks old. She's kinda shy, and she is still really nervous around me. I can also tell that she's kind of scared. Most of the time, she just sits in the corner. How can I get her to feel more comfortable here?? I want her to feel at home :( PLEASE HELP!!!!

How can I get my puppy to be more comfortable living with me? General Dog Discussions
    • Don't give her too much attention! Just do your normal thing and she will begin to adapt to her surroundings. It may take up to about a week but by showering her with attention, it will develop bad habbits by the dog. My schnauzer wouldn't move for 2 hours when we first got him, but we just kind of ignored him and he ended up finding his way around the house on his own. Now he's as comfortable as ever, but still knows were the ones in charge.

• keep the house pretty quiet, and try not to overwhelm her. Don't be all over her, just get a tasty treat and sit a few feet away and hold it out to her. Pet her calmly, and don't be excited or move quickly. It's incredibly difficult to find a good designer dog breeder (took me several months to find my Pomchi's breeder), so she may have had a rough start. Try not to pay her much attention, hard as it is. Don't ever make any threatening movements, or raise your voice, no matter what. eventually she'll come around

• Awwwww..... Give her some time to adjust to her new environment. Treat her gently and speak to her gently. Try giving her treats. Let her come to you. She will come to you when she feels comfortable in her new home.