What happens if neighbors dogs were to attack and kill my live stock and have a witness?

All the dogs are not tied or fenced off. One neighbors dogs escape through the fence goat ripped apart?

What happens if neighbors dogs were to attack and kill my live stock and have a witness?

All the dogs are not tied or fenced off. One neighbors dogs escape through the fence goat ripped apart?...
    General Dog Discussions : What happens if neighbors dogs were to attack and kill my live stock and have a witness?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What happens if neighbors dogs were to attack and kill my live stock and have a witness?

What happens if neighbors dogs were to attack and kill my live stock and have a witness? General Dog Discussions
      All the dogs are not tied or fenced off. One neighbors dogs escape through the fence goat ripped apart?

What happens if neighbors dogs were to attack and kill my live stock and have a witness? General Dog Discussions
    • If you atually catch them in the act then you can , by law, (uk) shoot them. Also dogs running loose amongst livestock can be shot.If you want compensation and you have a witness you can take the dog owner to court and sue him and hope that the court makes an order for him to keep the dogs under control. Take photos of the dead goats injuries.I think your best bet would be to consult a lawyer though.Or you could go and see the owner and if he gets nasty, threaten him with court or that you will shoot his dogs if seen loose on your land.

• Confront the owner. Ask them about paying for the damages and to get a better fence. Try to handle this without going to court to save you money and hassle. Tell them that if you take them to court there is a chance that they will lose the dog and possibly result in having the dog put down for violence towards other animals. As a responsible pet owner you should pay for the damages your pet causes. If they refuse to do anything. Get the law involved. It all depends on what laws you have in your area. Where I live there's free range cattle, if you hurt/kill livestock you have to pay the rancher for the damage. If you end up going to court try to video tape the dog doing the damage. Having a video will stand up in court better then an eye witness.