What type of antibiotics are safe for dogs besides Clindamycin?

Dog has a head wound and needs antibiotics, and I am wondering what other types there are for dogs besides Clindamycin?

Dog has a head wound and needs antibiotics, and I am wondering what other types there are for dogs besides Clindamycin?...
    General Dog Discussions : What type of antibiotics are safe for dogs besides Clindamycin?...

• What type of antibiotics are safe for dogs besides Clindamycin?

What type of antibiotics are safe for dogs besides Clindamycin? General Dog Discussions
      Dog has a head wound and needs antibiotics, and I am wondering what other types there are for dogs besides Clindamycin?

What type of antibiotics are safe for dogs besides Clindamycin? General Dog Discussions
    • AmoxiDephalexinClavamoxPennTetracyclineDoxycyclineBaytril...........................there are tons. The vet would prescribe the one that is right for the problem. No one works for everything.

• There are many,many types that are safe, but I suspect you are asking with the thought of using maybe some leftover ones for people? Whether it is safe isn't the only question to ask before giving antibiotics,,,the question is what is the best to treat ______. That is why a vet should decide. Different ones treat different types of ailments,and the decision to use them at all is made by weighing need vs. risk. If you give the wrong med for something, then you are increasing risk, for nothing. See a vet to find out the right kind for the particular injury.