What does it mean when my dogs and my neighbors dogs race up and down the fence?

I have a chain link fence dividing my neighbors yard from mine. My dogs and my neighbors dogs always run (like there racing each other) up and down the fence... What does this mean? When i had my dog that passed away he always did the same thing with my…

What does it mean when my dogs and my neighbors dogs race up and down the fence?

I have a chain link fence dividing my neighbors yard from mine. My dogs and my neighbors dogs always run (like there racing each other) up and down the fence... What does this mean? When i had my dog that passed away he always did the same thing with my…...
    General Dog Discussions : What does it mean when my dogs and my neighbors dogs race up and down the fence?...

• What does it mean when my dogs and my neighbors dogs race up and down the fence?

What does it mean when my dogs and my neighbors dogs race up and down the fence? General Dog Discussions
      I have a chain link fence dividing my neighbors yard from mine. My dogs and my neighbors dogs always run (like there racing each other) up and down the fence... What does this mean? When i had my dog that passed away he always did the same thing with my neighbors late dogs also. Does anyone else's dog do the same thing?They run up and down the fence probably like 20 times.

What does it mean when my dogs and my neighbors dogs race up and down the fence? General Dog Discussions
    • Is anything going on besides the running, such as growling or barking? What's their body language like? Is it relaxed and playful, or stiff and aggressive?Without that sort of information, it would be hard to make any kind of guess, IMO.

• my yorkie and my neighbor's german shepherd did the same thing. They were just trying to play with each other... with a fence in the way.My parents were given the GSD at one point, but we had to keep the dogs apart until we were sure the GSD wouldnt eat my yorkie. They became great friends though. The yorkie was just a puppy, but the GSD was about 10 years old and didnt move too fast. He was the sweetest GSD on Earth!! Once we put them together in the same fence, we couldnt separate them. They would sit at the fence and lick each other through the chain link. So as long as they arent acting mad or mean with each other, they are just playing.

• One of my neighbours works out of town and on the odd occasion there dog gets out of her yard and 'visits' my black lab. They run up and down the fence line for endless periods of time. I determined one day that they were just sizing up compatibility factors so I let her into the yard. Now the two of them run around the yard crashing into each other and rolling each other across the lawn. It takes about two to three hours to tire each other out. Chances are that your dog is just playing with the other dog. As long as they don't stop and make threatening gestures then I would not be concerned.

• They are playing!And maybe doing a bit of guarding - even the most docile, submissive dog will guard. But if they are running for 20 times, they're just having fun:)It doesn't mean anything - all dogs do it.