How Do You Train Dogs To Be Circus Animals?

I love dogs I have 2 dogs now,my third recently died,from diabetes.I would Like to find a pup for one of my other dogs,to nurture and play with by creating circus dog acts.The animals training is not for amusement of others.Its for their own personal…

I love dogs I have 2 dogs now,my third recently died,from diabetes.I would Like to find a pup for one of my other dogs,to nurture and play with by creating circus dog acts.The animals training is not for amusement of others.Its for their own personal…...
    General Dog Discussions : How Do You Train Dogs To Be Circus Animals?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How Do You Train Dogs To Be Circus Animals?

How Do You Train Dogs To Be Circus Animals? General Dog Discussions
      I love dogs I have 2 dogs now,my third recently died,from diabetes.I would Like to find a pup for one of my other dogs,to nurture and play with by creating circus dog acts.The animals training is not for amusement of others.Its for their own personal work out.When I lived in Arizona,my dogs went every night except Tuesday.Tuesday day was for the police officers to train their dogs.Well they loved it ,they socialized with other dogs,got to do some tricks using the equipment the police supplied. Bonsylar Thanks For The Heads-Up on the Book."Dog Tricks For Dummies"Thanks! BabyDoll

How Do You Train Dogs To Be Circus Animals? General Dog Discussions
    • uh, probably get a dog trainer, but do you really think that's the type of questions that can be answered with a couple of sentences. research it! you'll find more info doing that then asking answers! good luck though

• Do you really think that is responsible pet ownership?"Circus" animals are a very controversial topic. I personally, would never go to any circus that has animals in it's acts.If, however, you are not going to be forcing your dog to do anything beyond it's capabilities or it's will, then a little stimulation is good for a dog. Although, I would suggest that you take it to a good training and obedience school and seek their advice

• the same as training any dog. circus dogs are picked from many litters. not any dog can be train this way. maybe one out of 5 dogs might do one trick that the others won't. so it really depends on what kind of tricks you are thinking of.

• You might like to try some agility training as well. It has become very popular, so it may be easier for you to find a club or other organization that offers training. Plus, it is a great way for you to get involved in an activity with your dogs that will bring you closer together. A few books on the subject are Margaret H. Bonham's "Introduction to Dog Agility," Laurie Leach's "The Beginner's Guide to Dog Agility," and Jacquiline O'Neill's "All About Agility."There's even a starter kit that you can set up in your backyard. I've included a link to it in the sources, but you may be able to find it cheaper at Amazon.com or by special order from a local pet store.Whatever you decide, good luck.