Will an un-effectionate puppy become more affectionate as she gets older?

We have a 10 week old Japanese Chin female who does all puppy things; plays hard and sleeps a lot, but she does not like to sit with us. She will for a few minutes but then wants off to sleep on the floor. I say she will grow out of it, my husband says…

We have a 10 week old Japanese Chin female who does all puppy things; plays hard and sleeps a lot, but she does not like to sit with us. She will for a few minutes but then wants off to sleep on the floor. I say she will grow out of it, my husband says…...
    General Dog Discussions : Will an un-effectionate puppy become more affectionate as she gets older?...

• Will an un-effectionate puppy become more affectionate as she gets older?

Will an un-effectionate puppy become more affectionate as she gets older? General Dog Discussions
      We have a 10 week old Japanese Chin female who does all puppy things; plays hard and sleeps a lot, but she does not like to sit with us. She will for a few minutes but then wants off to sleep on the floor. I say she will grow out of it, my husband says not.

Will an un-effectionate puppy become more affectionate as she gets older? General Dog Discussions
    • According to anything I am reading, the Japanese Chin is supposed to be essentially a lap dog, and to be quite affectionate.At 10 weeks old, she has a lot of developing to do. Since I'd assume you've only had her around 2 weeks, she has not really had adequate time to "bond" with you yet.

• she 10 wks old. give her time. show her that she is loved and she will catch on. maybe she just not real use to yall yet. she will become more affectionate as time goes by just show her that she is loved and she will start showing the love back

• She could. She could not. No matter what the breed profile, dogs all have different personalities as do people. What can help with the bonding, is to make sure both of you are feeding her not just one person. Give treats, praise her for chewing the right things (toys), and also make sure to take an old t-shirt and put that where she sleeps. Smell is huge for dogs.

• absolutely she will grow out of it. those are lapdogs. 10 weeks you cant judge anything. i think she will be a great companion animal. encourage her to sit with you with positive petting, etc. also, when she is sleeping on the floor. lay down next to her and talk softly to her and pet her. i would almost guarantee a year from now you are going to have the lapdog of your dreams.