What is this red rash all over my puppy's body?

This morning when i took my puppy for his morning walk, i got home and noticed that his belly is completely red!!! Also between his legs, neck and even the ears and around his eyes!!!! I took him to the vet and he got a cortisone shot and they gave me…

This morning when i took my puppy for his morning walk, i got home and noticed that his belly is completely red!!! Also between his legs, neck and even the ears and around his eyes!!!! I took him to the vet and he got a cortisone shot and they gave me…...
    General Dog Discussions : What is this red rash all over my puppy's body?...

• What is this red rash all over my puppy's body?

What is this red rash all over my puppy's body? General Dog Discussions
      This morning when i took my puppy for his morning walk, i got home and noticed that his belly is completely red!!! Also between his legs, neck and even the ears and around his eyes!!!! I took him to the vet and he got a cortisone shot and they gave me medicine for home. But so far, nothing. He still has the rash and he's just laying down. Should i give him childrens benadryl? Like 1ml?

What is this red rash all over my puppy's body? General Dog Discussions
    • No do not give him anything without your vet's consent. It might interact with what your vet gave him. The rash will not magically go away in a few hours even with meds. Sometimes it will even look worse before it gets better. It may take a few days to work. I would see the vet again on Tuesday if you haven't seen any improvement.

• A cortisone shot is only for itching, not for an allergy. The benadryl would help with the allergy which is most likely what it is. I know children's benadryl is safe for dogs. But I would definitely ask the vet about it first, to make sure that the ingredients won't react with each other!!