How to socialize a 9 month old Pomeranian dog?

I have a 9 month old Pomeranian.We never got to properly socialize her during the ideal times due to her getting traumatic brain injury when she was about 2 months old and she had to recover for a long period of time (she is perfectly healthy…

I have a 9 month old Pomeranian.We never got to properly socialize her during the ideal times due to her getting traumatic brain injury when she was about 2 months old and she had to recover for a long period of time (she is perfectly healthy…...
    General Dog Discussions : How to socialize a 9 month old Pomeranian dog?...

• How to socialize a 9 month old Pomeranian dog?

How to socialize a 9 month old Pomeranian dog? General Dog Discussions
      I have a 9 month old Pomeranian.We never got to properly socialize her during the ideal times due to her getting traumatic brain injury when she was about 2 months old and she had to recover for a long period of time (she is perfectly healthy now).However during the time when puppies are supposed to be socialized with other dogs and taken outside often, we couldn't give her that because she was still in severe pain and recuperating at home.Today, she is an extremely nervous and unsociable dog who is even terrified of tiny puppies half her size!She starts shaking uncontrollably and puts her tail down whenever she sees another dog.When she sees another human, she starts barking at him/her and starts shaking.We are so devastated and heartbroken that our dog is like this... I know that it is our fault that we haven't socialized her but we really felt that it was impossible in our circumstance at the time.Any tips? Thank you.

How to socialize a 9 month old Pomeranian dog? General Dog Discussions
    • I rescued a Great Dane that was 16 months old, and hadn't been socialized very well, and was a very nervous girl. It was recommended that I enroll her in dog training classes, which I did. The classes helped a lot, and the trainer was very patient. I like to take her for rides in the car whenever possible. She is still on the shy side, but she loves the cars rides, and going to Petco & Petsmart. I don't think that it's too late to socialize your dog. Your girl is still very young, have faith!

• You should consider getting a second dog that would be a friend to her, a smaller dog the dog you have now should be the boss not the new one.If you do get another dog this one will probably be less scared of things.Good Luck!