How do you get a new puppy to eat?

I got a new puppy and it is a purebred chocolate lab. We don't really know his full background, we were only at the place to pick him up and pay for him and then leave. The place wasn't in the greatest condition. He has some scars, but he is the runt…

I got a new puppy and it is a purebred chocolate lab. We don't really know his full background, we were only at the place to pick him up and pay for him and then leave. The place wasn't in the greatest condition. He has some scars, but he is the runt…...
    General Dog Discussions : How do you get a new puppy to eat?...

• How do you get a new puppy to eat?

How do you get a new puppy to eat? General Dog Discussions
      I got a new puppy and it is a purebred chocolate lab. We don't really know his full background, we were only at the place to pick him up and pay for him and then leave. The place wasn't in the greatest condition. He has some scars, but he is the runt and he was around 25 other dogs. He won't eat on his own. We have been force feeding him milk, pedeolite, and we pureed dog food with water. He took that, but he still isn't moving very much and won't eat on his own. He lays around by the door and he is only 5 months old!! Shouldn't he be moving more? We just got him today, but our 4 year old dog is more energetic than he is. Help?

How do you get a new puppy to eat? General Dog Discussions
    • I would take the puppy to the vet. He may have a parasite that is causing the low appetite. Milk is going to further upset his stomach, do not give him any milk. If he has no parasite then he may hate the food. Is it a good quality food? Try Merrick Grain Free puppy food- the canned variety.

• This dog is sick. A puppy is active. The eyes are bright, clear - tail is going 90 miles an hour and play time is anticipated with great glee.At 5 months- acting this way, you need to see a vet for the appropriate treatment.This pup should have been wormed numerous times, had at least 3 parvo/ distemper vaccinations.Please take this pup to your vet asap.