Whats the best small dog to get for an apartment?

I want to get a dog for my apartment but it has to be less than 45lbs and not considered a "vicious" dog such as a pit bull or rottie, so what do you think the best dog is for my apartment?

Whats the best small dog to get for an apartment?

I want to get a dog for my apartment but it has to be less than 45lbs and not considered a "vicious" dog such as a pit bull or rottie, so what do you think the best dog is for my apartment?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Whats the best small dog to get for an apartment?...

• To name a few: Yorkshire terrier, Chihuahua, Maltese, Bichon, Jack Russel, Pug, Brussels Griffon, Mini Schnauzer, Dachsund, Spaniel,French Bulldog, Boston Terrier, Mini Pincher, Mini Poodle,There are so many small breeds out there! Good luck with finding a dog!

• They say that poodles are great pets but I wouldn't get one. Don't get a Chihuahua they make horrible pets. I have seen them on worst pets lists numerous times. I love bulldogs, pugs, yorkies, and bull terriers (the Target dog). Too bad you can't get a big dog. That's more my category. My friend had a really cool pug. She was always friendly and ready to please. Oh and get a boy. Red rockets are better than red spots on your carpet. :)

• I have a corgi, she's about 22 pounds... and one of the sweetest dogs I've ever owned. She will growl if she sees something out the window, but for the most part I never hear her bark (though I think that's rare of corgi's). Anyway.. I absolutely love her and think she would be a great addition for you! Good luck! Oh by the way, adopt whatever type of dog you decide on. There are so many dogs at shelters that need a good home!