affenpinscher?

these dogs are absolutely adorable and seem suitable for my household but the problems with most breeds i find is they're no where to be found! i live in new york and am only looking to buy from a breeder. can you reccomend a breeder or another breed…

affenpinscher?

these dogs are absolutely adorable and seem suitable for my household but the problems with most breeds i find is they're no where to be found! i live in new york and am only looking to buy from a breeder. can you reccomend a breeder or another breed…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : affenpinscher?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• affenpinscher?

affenpinscher? Dog Breed Discussions
      these dogs are absolutely adorable and seem suitable for my household but the problems with most breeds i find is they're no where to be found! i live in new york and am only looking to buy from a breeder. can you reccomend a breeder or another breed that is similar to the affenpinscher?

affenpinscher?

affenpinscher? Dog Breed Discussions
    • they are indeed adorable! there are many breeders out there---perhaps not in new york but you will find a reputable one if you go through the akc referral program.

• Another breed i would reccomend would be a scottish terrier or a west highland white terrier. they r both as cute as a button, but if u have your heart set on the pincsher, u might try this website below.

• Looks like there are a few breeders in New England:http://www.affenpinscher.org/breeder_list.htmThese are members of the Affenpinscher Club of America, which means they have signed this Code of Ethics:http://www.affenpinscher.org/code_of_ethics.htmThis is a good place to start!Good luck!

• Go here:http://www.affenpinscher.org/That takes you to the National Breed Club which is the only club about the breed that is recognized and accredited by the AKC and it sets the standards for the breed . The Clubs' websites will give you an ENORMOUS amount of information about the breed - the good, the bad, and the why or why not to get that breed. The clubs websites also have:(1) a breeders list - all of whom have agreed to abide by the breeders code of ethics (which you can read)http://www.affenpinscher.org/breeder_list.htm (list)http://www.affenpinscher.org/breeder_referral.htm (contact for more breeder referrals)(2) a link to the breed rescue for their breed http://www.affenpinscher.org/rescue.htmDo give serious thought to adopting from an adult from a breed rescue. The clubs' breed rescues go to a great deal of trouble to determine the dog's temperament, personality, likes and dislikes (particularly kids and cats and other dogs in the household), health, and level of training. They make a huge effort to match the right dog to the right home - and if they don't have one they think will be suitable for your home, they won't place it. Great way to avoid the puppy training, newspapers, chewing.......They have dogs that are purebred and sometimes part-bred (1/2 or so of their breed.) Dogs that come through rescue are so thrilled to have a forever loving home having once been abandoned to a shelter or rescue that they are typically extra devoted and loving. Dogs lose their homes for reason that are not their fault: death, divorce, a move and they couldn’t keep them, financial problems….If you decide to get a puppy, please use one of the breeders who are members of the breed club. A well-bred pet puppy may not be a candidate for the show ring (that nose being 1/8th of an inch to long or something else very picky) but they will be very healthy, the parents carefully screened for hereditary health problems, and from a breeder who has devoted a great deal of time to understanding the breed and bloodlines. A responsible breeder will have a written contract with a health guarantee for hereditary problems; require that if for any reason you ever have to give up the dog that it comes back to them; and always be available for help, assistance and advice about your dog. Such a breeder will tell you if they don't think their breed is right for you based upon your needs. They want a perfect forever home for the puppies - not the money. (In 43 years in the dog show world, I have never known a breeder of that caliber who has made a profit on their dogs - it is labor of love.)A puppy from such a breeder costs no more - and often less as poorly bred dogs tend to have very high vet bills over the years - than from a backyard breeder who doesn't do the health checks, knows nothing about the breed or bloodlines, doesn't give a guarantee, never wants to hear about the puppy again and has breed from mediocre or poor quality dogs.You may find the breeder who has the type of dog you want but no litter on the ground at the moment. Most good breeders have waiting lists -get on it. You may find the breeder and puppy you want but at a distance. Among the really responsible breeders(members of the club) shipping a puppy is quite normal -they want the best possible home for the dog and the written contract is very extensive. Do ask the breeders on the club list if they have any dogs they bred that they need to rehome - good breeders all require if the owner can't keep one, it comes back to them. It may be a dog they placed and it came back because the owner didn't have time, didn't realize how big it would get, got divorced.... It may be a dog who was a show prospect but as they grew didn't meet their early promise. It may be an AKC Champion they decided not to use in their breeding program because while it did get the Championship, they don't need more bloodstock or find a tiny conformation flaw they don't want to reproduce.NEVER EVER buy from a pet shop. Those puppies came from puppy mills where the parents are locked in cages, bred until they literally die from it, never vaccinated, never wormed, fed just enough so they don't quite die of starvation, live in filth, never bathed or groomed or cared for, are typically of very poor genetic stock both physically and often mentally. The puppies are shoved off to pet stores with no vaccinations, no worming, no socialization or handling... You are buying nothing but heartbreak at a price higher than what a responsible breeder charged for a pet puppy.IF A SERIOUS BREEDER OR RESCUE TELLS YOU THAT THE BREED IS NOT SUITED FOR YOUR SITUATION - BELIEVE THEM - NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU LIKE THE WAY THE DOG LOOKS

• I own the Affenpinscher and in my breeding experience,this breed is known to be highly intelligent,and make ideal house pets.They're known to be the "MONKEY FACED" dog.They have the stiff,wiry coat,which is short on the body,and longer and shaggier on the face,legs and chest.They come in color coats of black,gray,red,silver,and black and tan,and are a very low maintenience breed.It resembles the Brussel Griffon breed and when crossed with the Brussel Griffon the results is an identical match to the Brussel Griffon.Life span is estimated to be 14 to 16 years,height 9-11 inches,weight 7-10 lbs.Affenpinschers are an active breed.I'm a breeder and own both the Brussel Griffon and the Affenpinscher.The Affen/Brussel Griffon cross is similar to the Affenpinscher and is cute as a button.A cross male is available at present.