Small dog breeds that are tolerant of cold weather?

I need some small dog breeds (under 25 pounds) that will do alright walking in cold winters in Colorado. Any suggestions?

I need some small dog breeds (under 25 pounds) that will do alright walking in cold winters in Colorado. Any suggestions?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Small dog breeds that are tolerant of cold weather?...

• Small dog breeds that are tolerant of cold weather?

Small dog breeds that are tolerant of cold weather? Dog Breed Discussions
      I need some small dog breeds (under 25 pounds) that will do alright walking in cold winters in Colorado. Any suggestions?

Small dog breeds that are tolerant of cold weather? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Anything with a longer coat will do fine. But you can have any dog if you dress it in the right winter attire! I have an italian greyhound, a notorious breed for HATING cold weather. If it was really, really cold, I wouldn't walk her... but I wouldn't want to go out into that cold of a day anyways. I'm from Alberta, Canada, though so it probably is much colder than you would get.But on an okay day, I would just put a good winter coat on her (nothing stupid looking) and some boots, and she was fine.

• Most dogs will do fine in colder weather- the short coated breeds should be rugged while outside, though- that is the main difference.What other qualities are you looking for in a dog?Poodles were bred to retrieve in water- the classic poodle clip is designed to keep the dog's joints warm. So they should be able to cope with walkies in a cooler climate.The majority of the Spitz breeds were developed in cooler climates, (particularly the larger breeds) so are well equipped for living in cooler temperatures. Smaller breeds in this family include the Pomeranian and Japanese Spitz.

• Samoyed - toy or miniatureSchipperkeShiba InuPomeranianBedlington TerrierCairn TerrierLakeland TerrierMini SchnauzerNorfolk/Norwich TerriersScottish, Skye or Sealyham TerriersWelsh TerrierFox TerrierCocker Spaniel (English Cockers are less aggressive than American Cockers)Mini Australian ShepherdCardigan and Pembroke Welsh CorgisShelties PuliDachshundsAffenpinscherSwedish VallhundPumiJapanese SpitzLundehundDutch SmoushondHavaneseHope that will get you started. :)