How get a small dog to drink water?

I have a dog that doesn't like to drink water. My dog hate drinking water! How can I make her drink water? She never drink water and water is the only thing that dog can drink. When she is really thirsty she rather lick on stuff beside drinking water. I…

I have a dog that doesn't like to drink water. My dog hate drinking water! How can I make her drink water? She never drink water and water is the only thing that dog can drink. When she is really thirsty she rather lick on stuff beside drinking water. I…...
    General Dog Discussions : How get a small dog to drink water?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How get a small dog to drink water?

How get a small dog to drink water? General Dog Discussions
      I have a dog that doesn't like to drink water. My dog hate drinking water! How can I make her drink water? She never drink water and water is the only thing that dog can drink. When she is really thirsty she rather lick on stuff beside drinking water. I try to put ice cube and a piece of small apple in the water but she still wont drink it. ThanksShe doesn't like to lick on ice cube but she like to lick on bed and teddy bear!

How get a small dog to drink water? General Dog Discussions
    • A good way I got my dog to drink when she was ill is to put water on your hands and let her lick it off. It may sound a bit disgusting to some people but you can wash your hands after and it is a good but slow way of getting your dog to drink. If she doesn't like it you could always cover your hand in a food she really likes (Something smelly usually) and put water on it on your hand.Or mix it in with a bit of food in her food bowl.

• We have the same problem with trying to get my puppy to eat dry puppy food (my parents spoil her too much) I told them that she will eat before she starves to death.Same for you. If you leave water out and don't give her anything else to drink, then she will eventually drink.