What type of tricks are best to begin teaching dogs?

I have just taught my dog how to sit. Can you give me some more tricks that are best for a small dog (like a dachshund) to learn? I know of a couple but I do not know how to go about teaching my dog.Thanks.

I have just taught my dog how to sit. Can you give me some more tricks that are best for a small dog (like a dachshund) to learn? I know of a couple but I do not know how to go about teaching my dog.Thanks....
    General Dog Discussions : What type of tricks are best to begin teaching dogs?...

• What type of tricks are best to begin teaching dogs?

What type of tricks are best to begin teaching dogs? General Dog Discussions
      I have just taught my dog how to sit. Can you give me some more tricks that are best for a small dog (like a dachshund) to learn? I know of a couple but I do not know how to go about teaching my dog.Thanks.

What type of tricks are best to begin teaching dogs? General Dog Discussions
    • train your dog basic things like stay, come, lay down, that kind of stuff. then if it seems smart, you can go on to harder stuff. i have had my puppy since december and all she knows how to do is sit and stay!

• Work on things that you may end up needing, such as come, stay, lay down, heal, etc, before you move onto fancier tricks. These behaviors can come in useful in many situations. After your dog has those down, work on simple ones such as shaking 'hands' or sitting up. Jumping straight from 'sit' to 'roll over' can be a tad confusing.Good luck with your training.

• well, if "sit" is the only trick it knows so far, try teaching it "lay down" or "stay" (lay down is more simple than "stay"), or if it's very fond of slapping you with it's paw, then you can teach it "shake", and then move on to more complicated tricks.